The Modern Quilt Guild is having a linky party to get to know each other a little bit before QuiltCon! I love this idea, because I'm really bad at remembering names. I really should do that thing where I repeat the person's name as soon as I meet them (i.e. "Hi, Heather, it's nice to meet you!"), but I feel really silly doing that. So instead, I forget their name and then freak out later.
The Modern Quilt Guild is suggesting that I share a picture of myself and 5 things others may not know about me. So, here goes!
Photo taken by Lark Photography
Me (left) and my sister (right), on her wedding day!
5 Things About Me!
1. My dad passed away 6 years ago today. He used to travel a lot, so at first it just felt like he was away on another trip. But it seems like the longer he's gone, the more I miss him.
2. Sometimes I'm really funny. And other times, not so much. There seems to be no happy medium.
3. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, and my "normal" is a crowded, urban setting. I don't think of Chicago as a big city, even after living in a town of 2,500 people. To me, it's always just home...it's my normal!
4. I love music that I can dance to, and yet I'm a horrible dancer. Classical music bores me, but I like a little bit of nearly every other genre.
5. I have two dogs, neither of which are very well training. They jump on people, sit on the furniture, and try to steal food. I love them anyway, but they also cause me a great deal of anxiety whenever we have house guests.
Wow, those are 5 really random things about me!
And now for a bit of bloggy news! This weekend I was thinking a lot about blogging and the fun friendships that I have made. I wish that I could read so many more blogs than I do, but there just aren't enough hours in the day! I was also struck with the feeling that sometimes I don't challenge myself enough in my quilty life. So I've decided to try hosting a monthly link party!
Each month I will blog about my challenge for the month. If you'd like to join in, link up to a blog post (or flickr photo if you don't blog) explaining how you'd like to challenge yourself that month. You don't need to learn a new technique, but let's keep in quilting/sewing/fabric/design related in some way. (Examples: Use more solids in quilting! Try sewing a garment! Tackle a zipper! Start a quilt blog!) The link party will be open the 1st through the 3rd of each month (with the exception of February, when the link ups will stay open through the 5th to get everyone started).
At the beginning of the next month I will blog again with a quick summary of my February challenge and something new for March. You can do the same!
I'm looking forward to visiting the blogs of everyone who links up - I think it will be a great way to get to know some new quilt friends!
I'll be back tomorrow with the first post of February. There may just be a little sometime extra for one lucky participant this month. ;) Check back tomorrow!