A few weeks ago I was changing the sheets on our bed when Matt happened to come in the room. I wanted to take our bed quilt down to the dryer to "fluff" it in an attempt to remove some of the dog hair (yes, it really does work, sort of). As I was walking out of the room, Matt suggested that I pull out one of the other queen size quilts that we have. I was ready for a change, and I wanted to try to envision the room in a way that would work for any of the bed quilts that we have. So I pulled out the quilt that I made for the guest room in our last house.
Our "new" bed:
A better shot of the quilt:
My favorite pillow! I used texture magic for the center section:
A log cabin pillow:
Detailed shot of one of the ruffled logs:
A selvedge pillow:
Back of the selvedge pillow (all pillows are envelope style with button closures):
In the above picture you can also see the straight line quilting that I did on the quilt. I quilted this on a frame, and I think the quilting may have actually taken longer than it would have on a regular machine! I estimated about 8 hours of quilting total.
I originally posted about this quilt here!