Thank you so much for your interest in my work!
Here are a few things to know before we get started:
- Read over Tips for Working with a Long Arm Quilter
- Please square up and press your top and backing
- Ensure that your batting and backing are both at least 6” longer and 6” wider than your quilt top.
(I.e. if you top is 60” x 80”, your backing and batting must be at least 66” - 86”.)
- Stay stitch around the edges of the quilt top. This can be done with a long basting stitch if you'd like. Doing so will prevent the seams from popping open.
- Print off and complete the Take In Form and checklist, include both when shipping your quilt
- If you are local to Pittsburgh, PA feel free to email me to arrange a time to drop off your quilt
- Please contact me before shipping your quilt to inquire about wait time and to ensure that I am in town to receive your quilt:
QuiltyGirl AT gmail DOT com
Upon receiving your quilt I will submit to you a few design ideas. You also have the option of leaving the design completely up to me.
All designs and charges are agreed upon before any work begins.
I typically have a 1-2 month wait from the time I receive your quilt to the time I ship it back to you. Please contact me for a more exact wait time.
I currently offer freehand custom quilting. I am choosing to focus on modern quilts at this time.
Please contact me for prices.
Minimum charge: $50.00
For examples of my custom work, please see the My Work page.
Additional charges may apply to square up backing, iron excessively wrinkled top and/or backing, etc. These services are billed at $25/hr, with a 1 hour minimum charge.
All services and charges are discussed and agreed upon before work begins.
Quilter's Dream - White - Cotton - Select Loft - 93" wide: $11 / linear yard
Quilter's Dream - Wool - 93" wide: $14 / linear yard
For a trapunto-like look that highlights open areas in the quilting, I recommend wool batting layered over cotton batting.
For examples of this, see the Find Joy and Flowering Snowball quilts in my gallery.
If you prefer a different batting, you can ship it with your quilt or purchase it from your favorite online retailer and have it shipped directly to me. My favorite batting companies are Quilter's Dream and The Warm Company. No Mountain Mist, please. Long arm quilting is an investment and as such it deserves a quality batting.
All prices are subject to change.