For these quilts I started with a few prints from the Get Together line by David Walker. I knew that I wanted the quilts to be the same, but not identical. I was also in a time crunch with the move and the auction quilt, so I went with simple strip quilts-one in blue, and one in green!
Here is the green quilt:
And the blue quilt:
The bears on blue background were printed parallel to the selvedges, while everything else was printed perpendicular. So my 1/3 yard cut of that print was nearly deemed useless, until I decided to do a sort of "film strip" piecing with the print. I actually really like how it breaks up the strips in the quilts!
Both quilts were quilted with a variegated green thread in an organic straight line style. I finished the green quilt with a blue binding:
And the blue quilt was finished with green binding:
I like the little bit of pink that these pigs add to the quilts:
And for the backings I used prints that coordinated with the bindings:
Both binding fabrics are Painter's Canvas by Laura Gunn. Such a great alternative to a solid! The blue backing is from Echo and the green is from Impressions.