I had 2 charm packs from the collection, and a yard of my favorite print. I wanted a large lap quilt, so the easiest way to show off all of the charm squares was by simply adding some sashing! I used kona espresso for the sashing, and the outer border width was determined by the fact that I only had a yard of that print (which I couldn't seem to find more of anywhere!). The finished size is 60" x 66".
The sashing may be a bit wide, and the border may be a bit too narrow. But I wanted a large lap quilt and I couldn't find my favorite prints from the collection at any retailers. I actually do love how it turned out, though, partly because I can look at it and know how hard I worked to use just what was on hand in my stash! I did purchase the backing (a cream dot similar to the one in the collection), and 1/8 of a yard of the espresso because I was 1 strip of binding short.
Oh, I almost forgot to explain why I started this in the winter and just finished it recently. This was the quilt that I was 2/3 of the way finished quilting when my machine quit on me. Several times I debated pulling it off of the frame and finishing it on my Bernina. But I'm a stickler for continuity, and I knew that my quilting would be different when I switched to another machine. Plus I forgot to take the spool of thread off of my quilting machine when I took it into the shop. And was I too lazy to drive a mile and a half down the road to pick it up!
A peek at the backing:
I haven't decided on a living room theme when we move, but I love this fabric collection regardless. :)